Professional Development Program: 8 Steps to be job ready today
This non-accredited program is designed to assist students and recent graduates seeking employment in the Australian Job Market. You will learn the best way to make a lasting first impression, analyse and relate your unique value proposition and understand how you can convey your skills and experience to prospective employers. You will receive guidance on making your resume stand out from the rest, gain an understanding on the importance of answering a job description with an effective cover letter and receive proven resume and cover letter templates. Participants will learn where to look for suitable roles including leveraging social media, how to network, master the interview, understand social styles and how to flex your style to maximise your success. Receive guidance on the post interview process and navigate the Do’s and Don’ts of applying for a job in Australia. Approved by leading HR experts, this program covers all aspects of successfully gaining employment in the Australian market.
One day, face to face: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Module 1: Are You Prepared to Apply for Roles in the Australian Job Market.
Module 2: What’s Stopping You From Entering the Market.
Module 3: Types of Employment, Australian workplace policies, working conditions.
Module 4: How to Stand Out From The Crowd, How to Look for a Job, Networking, Australian Job Market.
Module 5: Prepare Yourself For the Opportunity – Resumes and Cover Letters.
Module 6: Navigate the Interview.
Module 7: Post Interview Process.
Module 8: Do’s and Don’ts.
- An understanding of the Australian Job Market, Job seeking techniques.
- Tools to prepare a resume and cover letter that stands out from the crowd.
- Increased confidence in applying for positions and successfully navigating interviews.
- Personal value preposition and knowing your social style and how to flex to others.
- Understanding of Australian working conditions, work place policies.
- Internship Placement to build your confidence.
Participants will receive a “certificate of attendance”.