Applications Open: Immediately
Location: Footscray, Victoria
Work Type: 3+ Days p/week
Project Duration: 8 Week Duration
Classification: Front End Developer / Full Stack
What Makes Us Different?
Our vision is to make work placement a reality for all tertiary students.
How do we do it? We organise 120 hours part time internships for current tertiary students and recent graduates to support them in gaining relevant industry experience that is linked to their studies.
We have placements open now and are looking for eligible graduates and students to commence Information Technology internships.
About our host company
Our host company is an LED technology manufacturer, designer and lighting solution provider. They provide lighting solutions to commercial and industry clients with the aims of saving power, maintenance costs, as well as providing a green solution.
In a bid to support their building partners with installation of their lighting projects, Our host company would like to create a simple lighting simulation calculator that will be imbedded into their website.
As part of the placement, the successful applicant will receive:
- Guidance and mentoring from senior staff
- Professional reference upon completion
- Practical experience working with an established Australian business
- Network with businesses in the community
Placement Activities, Responsibilities & Project Details:
- Some of the projects & activities you could expect as part of your role include:
- User design of website calculator
- Map user journeys and validate
- Link calculator to data provided
- Test calculator
- Present tool to management
- Management meetings
What Are We Looking For:
- To apply for this internship:
- Students or graduates welcome
- Front end developer or full stack developer
- Experience with Excel, Rubion Rails, Node or React preferred
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment attention to detail and process focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution and initiative focussed
- The ability to work independently and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills and willingness to learn
To apply for this internship, the candidate:
- Commit to 2-3 days a week for a professional internship.
- Working between Monday - Wednesday each week.
- Commit to a 8 week project based internship
How To Apply:
Applicants please attach your current resume to apply for this role and send applications to: email@example.com
Service Fees Apply. Payment plan options are available.