Applications Open: Immediately
Location: Port Melbourne, Victoria
Work Type: 2 – 3+ Days p/week – 120 to 140 Hours
Project Duration: 8 Week Duration
Remuneration: $45.00 p/day (meal & travel allowance)
Classification: Engineering / ICT
What Makes Us Different?
Our vision is to make work placement a reality for all tertiary students.
How do we do it? We organise 120 hours part time internships for current tertiary students and recent graduates to support them in gaining relevant industry experience that is linked to their studies.We have placements open now and are looking for eligible graduates and students to commence Engineering internships.
About our host company
Our host company has a proud history in Australia, delivering cutting edge security for the Commercial, Corporate, Government and Industrial sectors.
Our aim is to provide clients with smart solutions to their security, safety and site monitoring issues, with systems that are easy to use and meet the business requirements.We are a friendly, customer-focused solutions provider, with diverse technical capabilities and more than 35 years’ experience when it comes to the security industry.That means we are able to offer not just the best security solutions, but also expert advice to deploy the best system to save you time and money along the way.
We have an opportunity for an Administration expert that is seeking a holistic experience working with an established Australian business.
Candidates will be involved in, but not limited to the following tasks;
- Assist in the installation of Electronic Security Solution (Access Control, CCTV, Intruder Detection, etc.)
- Assist in the rough-in of security cables
- Assist in cabling and installation of security hardware
- Assist in the fault-finding issues with Electronic Security Solution
- Assist in the maintenance Electronic Security Solution
- Assist in the completion of job card reports
- Assist in the completion of job safety analysis
- Learn how to configure and program Electronic Security Solution
- General administration as required
What Are We Looking For:
- To apply for this internship:
- Technical background having worked in similar industry (Desirable)
- Knowledgeable about usage of hand tools (Screw Driver, Hammer, Allen Key, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about usage of power tools (Drills, Jigsaw, etc.)
- Students or graduates welcome
- Relevant skills and qualifications in Engineering, Telecommunication, Electrical Engineering or any other relevant qualifications
- Current students seeking study credits for practical placement (if required)
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment attention to detail and process focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution and initiative focussed
- The ability to work independently and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills and willingness to learn
To apply for this internship, the candidate:
- Commit to 2-3 days a week for a professional internship
- Commit to an 12 week project based internship
- Valid Australian Driver's License
How To Apply:
Applicants please attach your current resume to apply for this role and send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Fees Apply. Payment plan options are available.