Applications Open: Immediately
Location: Footscray, Victoria
Work Type: 2-3 Days p/week (part time)
Project Duration: 8 Weeks (Flexible Working Days)
Classification: Marketing / Events / Communications
What Makes Us Different?
Our vision is to make work placement a reality for all tertiary students.
How do we do it? We organise 120hours part time internships for current tertiary students and recent graduates to support them in gaining relevant industry experience that is linked to their studies.
We have placements open now and are looking for eligible graduates and students to commence Marketing internships.
About our host company
Our host company is an incorporated association established in 2016. They are a not-for-profit organisation and working for the best interest of the community. They represent the community in discussions with federal, state and municipal government on issues that affect local residents and businesses.
Based on roadmap, by 2019, our host company will be one of the key associations in Wyndham City.
As part of the placement, the successful applicant will receive:
- Membership to modern co-working space
- Work in teams to deliver on real projects relevant to industry
- Guidance and mentoring from senior staff
- Professional reference upon completion
- Network with the community
Placement Activities, Responsibilities & Project Details:
Our host company will be holding a member e vent scheduled for 24th September to give the local residents an opportunity to meet and greet each other, and to talk to councillors and local council The event will including catering and announce the launch a digital access to our members and the community in the way o f a member website. Our host company are looking for a marketing/events student to support the event and content for the new website. The project will go for a period of 8 weeks. Successful candidates can expect to participate in the following activities;
- Manage volunteer team
- Sending out member communications (including FB group)
- Booking suppliers including photographer
- Support in the design of print material for the event
- Support in the design of other social media posts promoting the event
- Communications/marketing copy for website
- Work with Web Development team
What Are We Looking For:
- Students or graduates welcome
- Students currently studying relevant ICT qualification/s
- Current students seeking study credits for practical placement
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment attention to detail and process focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, solution and initiative focussed
- The ability to work independently and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills and willingness to learn
To apply for this internship, the candidate:
- Commit to 4+ days a week for a professional internship
- Commit to an 12 week project based internship
How To Apply:
Applicants please attach your current resume to apply for this role and send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Fees Apply. Payment plan options are available.