Applications Open: 14th August 2017
Work Type: 120hrs (part time 2-3 days per week)
Classification: Structural Engineering/Product Design/CAD
Number of Roles: 2
What Makes Us Different?
Our vision is to make work placement a reality for all tertiary students.
How do we do it? We organise 120hr part time internships for current tertiary students and recent graduates to support them in gaining relevant industry experience that is linked to their studies.
About our host company:
Our host company is a progressive manufacturing company, currently servicing some of Australia's biggest residential builders and developers with innovative building and construction products.
The organisation is committed to working closely with its clients to understand their requirements, frustrations and challenges and in turn delivers reliable, high quality and timely solutions.
As part of the placement, the successful applicant will receive:
● Employment opportunity for right candidate
● Guidance and mentoring from senior staff
● Professional reference upon completion
● Practical experience working with an established Australian business
Placement Activities & Responsibilities:
Working as part of the engineering & design team, your role will centre around testing and measuring the company’s range of construction/building products. Activities & projects include:
● Support in management product design process (concept through engineering sign off)
● Consult with Innmod experts on new product design
● Contribute to design ‘in the field’
● Convert concepts to CAD drawings
● Support in determining and coordinating product testing
● Support in the completion of sales estimations/ quotes
● Participation in team meetings
● Adhoc tasks as required
What Are We Looking For:
To apply for this internship:
● Structural engineering graduates preferred (experienced students may apply)
● Demonstrated experience with design software (preferably CAD/Solidworks)
● High attention to detail - process focussed
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Strong administration skills required
● Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment
● Demonstrated ability to work in teams
To apply for this internship, the candidate must be:
● Commit 120 hour internship
● Ability to travel to the office
How To Apply:
Applicants please attach your current resume and covering letter to apply for this role and send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Fees Apply. Payment plan options are available.