Applications Open: Immediately
Location: Mulgrave, Victoria
Work Type: 4+ Days p/week (Part Time)
Project Duration: 8 Week Duration
Classification: Telecommunication Engineer
What Makes Us Different?
Our vision is to make work placement a reality for all tertiary students.
How do we do it? We organise 120 hours part time internships for current tertiary students and recent graduates to support them in gaining relevant industry experience that is linked to their studies.
We have placements open now and are looking for eligible graduates and students to commence Telecommunication Engineering internships.
About our host company
Our host company provides specialised IT support to small and medium-sized business, within the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Our qualified and proven staff bring years of industry experience, to each support call, network design and system construction.
Host company is also a contractor to the National Broadband Network rollout.
The employer has run internships for many years and although the role is unpaid, strong employment opportunity exists for the right candidate. The applicant will also receive:
- Professional reference upon completion
- Guidance and mentoring from senior staff
- Professional business acumen and Australian working skills
- Practical experience working with an established Australian business
Placement Activities, Responsibilities & Project Details:
- Some of the projects & activities you could expect as part of your role include:
- Project management / scoping
- Project administration
- Installation of network infrastructure
- Design & Testing of Telecommunications infrastructure
- Site Surveys / Site coordination
- Incident / change management
- Escalation of network incidents to relevant divisions for resolution
What Are We Looking For:
- To apply for this internship:
- Students or graduates welcome
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail and process focused
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently and prioritise their workload to meet deadlines
- Organisational skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
To apply for this internship, the candidate must be:
- Relevant logistics qualification/s
- Located in Australia within reasonable distance of the placement
- Commit to 4+ days a week for a professional internship
How To Apply:
Applicants please attach your current resume to apply for this role and send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Fees Apply. Payment plan options are available.